Mt Weld Mining Pty Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of ASX listed Lynas Rare Earths Ltd, which is an integrated producer from mine to customer of refined Rare Earth products for global markets.
Lynas operates a Mine and Concentration Plant at Mt Weld Western Australia, and a Refinery in Pahang, Malaysia (the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant, LAMP) which produces high purity Rare Earth products. In December 2019, Lynas announced Kalgoorlie, Western Australia has been selected as the location for the new cracking and leaching plant that will upgrade the Lynas Mt Weld rare earth concentrate that is currently exported to the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant in Malaysia.
The Mt Weld Mine and Concentrater Plant is located approximately 35kms south east of Laverton in the North-Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The Mt Weld concentrator has the capacity to process over 300,000 tonnes of high-grade ore per year from an open pit operation, with a mine life of more than 20 years. The process on site comprises crushing and blending then ball milling, followed by multi-stage flotation, thickening, filtration and bagging.
Lynas makes Rare Earth oxides for the oil & gas, automotive and environmental technologies markets. Lynas is the largest supplier worldwide to the praseodymium-neodymium free market, and the only Rare Earth supplier of scale outside China.
An opportunity exists for an experienced Project Supervisor to join Lynas Rare Earths. This role is responsible for supervision for project work undertaken at Mt Weld Operations and to ensure the project objectives are met. Reporting to the Engineering Manager WA this 24 month fixed-term position is fly in / fly out (FIFO) from Perth to our Mt Weld Operations on an 8/6 roster.
The type of projects that the role will be involved with primarily be focussed on plant upgrades to the flotation plant to increase throughput and include pump and piping upgrades, installation of new flotation equipment and plant infrastructure inclusive of water treatment plants and power generation plants. The projects to be undertaken range in size from very small to large projects.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Extensive project supervisor experience in mineral or chemical processing plant or an equivalent heavy industry working in a supervisory capacity
- Trade qualified or equivalent
- Good exposure and knowledge in multi-disciplinary construction activities
- Effective organising and problem-solving skills, displaying high levels of attention to detail
- Shows a collaborative approach to achieve objectives
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Efficient computer literacy skills
- Shows initiative and is self-motivated, disciplined and systematic
- Demonstrate personal commitment to safety through visible leadership and behaviours
- Ensure risks and hazards are identified and managed and a safe working environment is maintained.
- Supervision of personnel/ contractors undertaking plant upgrade and equipment modifications.
- Management of contractors to ensure deliverables are met
- Undertake QC/QC inspections for projects.
- Planning and scheduling of tasks.
- Assist with commissioning.
- Ensure projects delivered on time and on budget, the project functions as desired and successful project start-up and ramp-up
- Aim to reduce fixed costs for the Project
Are you ready for your next challenge? If yes, we want you to apply, please submit a current resume and a covering letter detailing your skills and experience via the "apply for this job" button.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Indigenous Australians and females to apply.
To be considered for this role you will have the right to work in Australia.