Lynas Rare Earths Ltd is an integrated producer from mine to customer of refined Rare Earth products for global markets.
Lynas operates a Mine and Concentration Plant at Mt Weld Western Australia, and a Refinery in Pahang, Malaysia (the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant, LAMP) which produces high purity Rare Earth products. In December 2019, Lynas announced Kalgoorlie, Western Australia has been selected as the location for the new cracking and leaching plant that will upgrade the Lynas Mt Weld rare earth concentrate that is currently exported to the Lynas Advanced Materials Plant in Malaysia.
The Mt Weld Mine and Concentrating Plant is located approximately 35kms south of Laverton in the North-Eastern Goldfields of Western Australia. The Mt Weld concentrator has the capacity to process over 300,000 tonnes of high-grade ore per year from an open pit operation, with a mine life of more than 20 years.
Lynas makes Rare Earth oxides and carbonates for the environmental technologies, automotive, precision glass & screen polishing, and oil & gas refining markets. Lynas is the largest supplier worldwide to the praseodymium-neodymium free market, and the only Rare Earth oxide and carbonate supplier of scale outside China.
We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Senior Project Accountant to join Lynas Rare Earths Ltd. The role replaces a Malaysian based prior role and has been created in Australia as the project is transitioning to construction.
The role will be the key financial role for the Lynas Kalgoorlie project, reporting directly to the Project Director. You will be part of a small multi-disciplinary team charged with delivery of a project that quickly commissions, is on time and under budget. Lynas is a company that prides itself on being flexible and fast; unlike many similar roles and positions, this role has the opportunity to make a real difference.
This is a Perth-based role, with occasional site visits, on a 24-month contract with the potential to extend either in operational or project roles.
- Refine, maintain and update the existing Lynas Kalgoorlie cost tracking tools (accrual, cash and forecast basis),
- Develop new tools for cost control for new other Lynas 2025 projects,
- Design new tools to streamline finance and Pronto activities for Lynas Kalgoorlie and Lynas 2025, and
- Ensure compliance to capital disposal procedures and accounting standards
- Accounting or similar degree, with a preference for a professional finance qualification such as CA, CPA or equivalent.
- High level of attention to detail with planning, analytical and decision-making skills
- Extensive experience in project accounting, and previously been in a senior or lead position.
- A strong project background on the owner’s side
- Pronto experience will be highly regarded
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective time management skills including multi-tasking and prioritising responsibilities
Are you ready for your next challenge? If yes, we want you to apply, please submit a current resume and a covering letter detailing your skills and experience via the "apply for this job" button.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Indigenous Australians and females to apply.
To be considered for this role you will have the right to work in Australia.